We are the Sheriffs, County Clerks, Surrogates and Registers of Deeds and Mortgages elected directly by the people of our respective Counties throughout the State of New Jersey. We organized in 1920 for the following purposes:
- To establish a cooperative effort among the Sheriffs, County Clerks, Surrogates and Registers of Deeds and Mortgages of the 21 counties of the State of New Jersey to improve services rendered to their respective constituencies.
- To hold conferences, consultations and meetings to discuss matters of importance relating to the conducting and advancement of the methods of filing, recording indexing and preservation of the records in the offices of the Sheriffs, County Clerks, Surrogates and Registers of Deeds and Mortgages and such other matters as may be brought before the meetings of the Association.
- To submit and advocate such legislation for the accomplishment of the above-mentioned purposes and such laws which may be found necessary and feasible in relation to the conducting of all the statutorial requirements and duties relating to the offices of the Sheriffs, County Clerks, Surrogates and Registers of Deeds and Mortgages in the State of New Jersey.
- To foster new and safeguard old legislation of benefit to members.
- To promote the social and general welfare of the members.
- To encourage and maintain high standards of service.
- To hold an annual conference and special meetings for the discussion of current county problems.
New & Noteworthy
The Recorders Document Reference Manual
has been revised with updated forms and fees
Order the 2013 Edition Now
The manual includes:
- Updated N.J. Divisions of Taxation Regulations
- Revised sample forms
- Recording requirements for over 165 documents recorded with County Clerks / Registers throughout the State of New Jersey
- Realty Transfer Tax calculations
- Recording fees
- Explanation of acknowledgments
- Glossary of terms
- Homeless Trust Fund Fee Information
...... and much more information for recordation.
A valuable guide for
Law firms - Title Companies - Mortgage Companies
Financial Institutions - Government Agencies
Available as a printed bound manual or CD rom
COANJ 37TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
SEPTEMBER 17-20, 2013